In response to the growing situation with COVID-19, Essentials Recovery has temporarily shifted all Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs to telehealth. The health and safety of our patients, their families, and our employees is our top priority, so minimizing risk for everyone in our community is our top goal. Essentials Recovery is still open and accepting new clients into our Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs, and our facility remains open Monday through Friday for any clients that require more than telehealth and do need to be seen in person on site.
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, we wanted to connect with you about how we are addressing these concerns throughout our program. The health and safety of our patients, their families and our employees is extremely important to us, which is why we have infectious disease protocols in place. We are committed to providing the highest level of care no matter what circumstances life throws our way; we will continue to provide our comprehensive, life-saving treatment services and programs responsibly and with sensitivity to current events.
There’s no denying that an outbreak of any virus on our campuses or units could be dangerous, which is why Essentials Recovery has well-established practices, policies, and procedures aimed at preventing the spread of infectious diseases 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Although there are no reports of coronavirus at our facility, the staff at Essentials is prepared to address any potential cases. We are monitoring the directives and guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as local health officials.
Immediate actions taken by Essential’s facility in response to the current climate include:
• Increased, regular sanitation of all facilities
• Prior to admission, asking all potential patients pre-screening questions about travel, flu-like symptoms, and their contact with individuals who are confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19
• Increased measures to remind staff and patients about ways to prevent the spread of germs
• Mandatory handwashing upon entering the facility
• Asking visitors to refrain from coming to campus if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms
• Discouraging hugging and holding hands during fellowship times
• Communication with the Delaware Department of Health and Florida Department of Health as needed
In the unlikely event that an outbreak occurs, Essentials Recovery is prepared to both recognize warning signs and implement preventative measures to reduce risk. Any client presenting symptoms or COVID-19 will be referred to the local health department for further instruction. We will contact the local health department and refer to the nearest testing location, if appropriate. Clients that have been absent due to exposure or symptoms of the COVID-19 should contact the office for further instruction regarding returning to any services.
It is always a privilege to care for our clients. We remain ready to provide you with the great care you deserve. Thank you for your continued trust in Essentials Recovery.